Elearning - Fire Safety Awareness
For staff to know how to reduce fire risks, deal with fires if appropriate and escape safely in the event of fire.
The Health and Safety Group would recommend approx. 2 hour 30 minutes to complete the course.
By the end of this course the learner will:
- Understand the characteristics of fire, smoke and toxic fumes
- Know the fire hazards in the working environment
- Be aware of the significant findings of relevant fire risk assessments
- Be able to practice and promote fire prevention
- Be aware of basic fire safety and local fire safety protocols including staff responsibilities during a fire incident
- Know the means of raising the fire alarm and the actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Know instinctively and describe the right action to take if fire breaks out or smoke is detected
- Be familiar with the different types of fire extinguishers, state their use and identify the safety precautions associated with their use
- Understand the importance of being familiar with evacuation procedures and associated escape routes
- Fire Statistics
- Fire Triangle
- Smoke & Toxicity
- Prevention & Protection
- Sources of Ignition
- Evacuating Patients
- Evacuating procedures
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Classes
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout all industries, in particular
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
The Fire Safety Order requires that fire safety training is provided to staff when they commence employment and that refresher training is provided on a regular basis.
Fire is often the biggest safety risk any businesses ever has. Without fire safety training your insurances may not be valid and your staff are left vulnerable.
Don’t think a fire won’t happen to you, last year there were over 33,000 recorded fires in UK businesses and community buildings. Protect your staff now and give them the best chance of escape if a fire does happen.
Fire Safety Training is not only a legal requirement, it also saves lives and protects businesses.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Upon completion of this Elearning course, to thoroughly apply the knowledge gained it is recommended that delegates conduct a practical assessment of their workplace to highlight any workplace specific risks.
This activity has been accredited by The CPD Standards Office and equates to 2.5 hours of CPD.
from £4.95 + VAT (Incl. VAT: £5.94) (EFSATRAIN)
What happens next?
Complete your order by selecting one or more courses.
Once you complete your payment details you will receive an email that contains your username and password needed to access your online training portal.