Elearning - Fire Warden
In the event of a fire, trained FIRE WARDENS (or ‘Fire Marshalls’ as they are sometimes known) are CRITICAL to saving lives!!!
The Health and Safety Group would recommend approx. 3 hours to complete the course
By the end of this course the learner will:
- Understand the characteristics of fire, smoke and toxic fumes
- Know the fire hazards in the working environment
- Be aware of the significant findings of relevant fire risk assessments
- Be able to practice and promote fire prevention
- Know the means of raising the fire alarm and the actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Know instinctively and describe the right action to take if fire breaks out or smoke is detected
- Be familiar with the different types of fire extinguishers, state their use and identify the safety precautions associated with their use
- Understand how to manage people safely in an emergency or fire situation
- Fire Legislation
- The common causes of fire
- Fire prevention
- What to do if a fire breaks out
- How to use fire extinguishers
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Safety features within buildings
- Your role in the event of a fire
- Safe evacuation and fire assembly
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:.
- Work personnel that have been given fire warden/fire marshal responsibilities
A Fire Warden's role is absolutely critical in ensuring the safe evacuation of your staff in the event of a fire. Where real fires have occurred in businesses there are many cases where fire wardens have been the heroes of the day. Fire Wardens not only need to keep a calm head in an emergency but also need to carry out their duties effectively under pressure. The Fire Wardens Training Course is the perfect course to ensure Fire Wardens reach that goal!
This activity has been accredited by The CPD Standards Office and equates to 3 hours of CPD.
from £19.95 + VAT (Incl. VAT: £23.94) (EFWRDN)
What happens next?
Complete your order by selecting one or more courses.
Once you complete your payment details you will receive an email that contains your username and password needed to access your online training portal.